Friday 6 January 2017

Happy New ... Day

 
Swans in Rouken Glen on New Year's day

New years are good, because they're a new start. The old year, with all its failings, is gone, and a new, empty one is ahead. It can be good to look back, and look ahead. You can set goals. Aim to do better this time around.

But that puts a big burden on one day. What if you just weren't in the mood for reflection and planning on the 1st of January? What if the new year gets off to a bad start - the first week isn't over and you've failed already? What if you need to sort things out mid-year?

I had this verse in my head (sort of, though I didn't remember it very well), and then someone prayed about it in the prayer meeting last night. So I looked it up.
...this I call to mind
    and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,

     for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;

     great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3v21-23
Every day can be a new start! 

Also - Happy New Year!

No comments: