Thursday 3 October 2013

Samson & Delilah

This was a fun one! (Should such a tragic story be fun?)

I decided dreadlocks made the most sense of the story, and they almost took on a character of their own (they also seem to mysteriously alter their length from picture to picture - oops!)


 

Delilah was tricky, as I have no idea what Philistine women wore. So I based her outfit on Minoan/Mycenaean women, as they were Sea Peoples like the Philistines. 

 

I did think this might be a problem, as the favoured style amongst Minoan/Mycenaean women was a frontless blouse. While I'm sure Samson would have appreciated that, Sunday School teachers might not...

So I was glad to find this statue with a decently fastened-up dress!

Minoan lady
 Btw, if you don't know the story you can read it here.

And you can buy my PowerPoint presentation here.

No comments: