Saturday 14 May 2011

Other people's eyes

(I wrote this ages ago and never posted it for some reason) 

I was looking on the site of an illustrator and she had attached a video of some martial arts championships she had attended.

It meant nothing to me.

Occasionally, yes, there were some things I could see were impressive - backflips and one-handed cartwheels and leaping to their feet from lying down. But most of the time, it looked random. I didn't know what I was looking at. I could hear impressed murmurs from the crowd, but I didn't know why. I couldn't see what they were seeing. I didn't understand.

It helped me realise how something that is obvious to me may genuinely not be to other people. They can't
see if something is good design. They can't see that something's just a rough, not finished drawing.

No comments: